Sunday, January 2, 2011

Would God Rather Clean Toilets?

1/21/09…Oh Father, how another truth is revealed to me. Sitting down at lunch and talking with a woman, Your nature shows itself upon my reflection. You want all of me do You not? If I am checked out or lukewarm towards You, then there is no relationship. Is this not true? If I am sitting there listening to her in an apathetic manner, she would pick up on this. To herself she would probably think, “This guy is not listening to me, what good is it for me to sit here and talk with him, to develop relationship. I would rather go home and clean the toilets.” Is this not true? Since a woman is a reflection of You, a reflection of relationship, what does this say about You when I am apathetic towards You? Would You not rather go clean the toilets? Why bother with me if I am checked out…

I must say this is an interesting lesson for me to learn. Our relationship is only as good as my commitment towards You. It all rests on my pursuit of You like a lover. Where there is no passion, there is only a lukewarm relationship…

No comments:

Post a Comment