Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things Hoped For…

1/22/09…Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:13 talks of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and Sarah, and writes, “These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.” Father, help me see the truth in your Words. It is so difficult at times to follow You because I cannot see or touch You. It is so much easier to follow this world because I can see and touch it…yet where is the truth in this? Have I not learned the path of the world is one which leads to the metaphor of a rotted out log? On the outside it looks like a log, but on the inside it is devoid of living cells. Father, let faith be my substance, let it be my hope, and let it be my evidence of things not seen. Let me remember all of Your promises that You have shown me in Your Word. Indeed they are too many to count on my fingers. I have received them, but many of them I will never see while I am here on earth, and yet let me keep remembering that indeed I am a stranger here. I am a pilgrim. My house has no meaning, my possessions have no meaning, and my money has no meaning. I am a nomad on a place that at best is just a “blip” in time, a quick blink of Your eye…

Let me pursue You with passion, and let me surrender myself daily to You in order to do good and glorify Your name. There is no other meaning to life than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment