Friday, January 21, 2011

Incest

1/30/09… “I felt so dirty,” she said to me. She reflects on this after the sickening truth is revealed to her just months ago between her grandfather and mother. I look at her and see a 30-year old woman in a kamikaze dive struggling to pull the nose of the plane up. What words can I offer her, none. All I can do is listen and embrace her, for I have nothing else to give. This is a horror of which there are very few comparisons. “Learn to function in the dysfunction,” is the advice given to her by a therapist, and yet it seems so cold and detached to me. How do you tell someone this? To learn to function in the dysfunction. In this world of pain Father, You are the function, because there is no laundry detergent known to a human being to wash a stain such as this, especially when your living body is a constant reminder. I can only imagine how Satan relishes in this, knowing at any time, he can simply suggest with a subtle hint the worst possible thought and send her into a tailspin. Yet You are her hope. In You lies peace and rest, because is it not true, through the pain is Your redemption in all life. The worst possible nightmares become the greatest testimonies in Your hands, and in turn this speaks of the marvelous Light that You are.

At times it is hard for us to understand Your ways, so it says so in Isaiah…why would You allow such pain in this world? And yet we will never know the full answer to this question, but Father one thing is for sure, I do know our pain becomes the avenue to help others in this world and in turn completes the healing process. I have seen this realization in my life…and for her, oh Father, I pray for Your continued healing in her life. Let her see the beauty both You and I see in her. Let her lay the pain down at Your feet. When the time is right because indeed it may take many years, but when that time comes and against all impossibility, let her forgive those who have trespassed against her…


Haiku: The Only Hope

Sunflower petal

Water pours down from the Son

Washes away stain

No comments:

Post a Comment