Thursday, January 27, 2011

My son...

1/31/09…My son is growing up before my eyes. Since High School started, he is different. And me, I have to face the fact that this is the fact. He is becoming a man. He needs me, but he does not need me in the same way. In fact, I remember not too long ago where his world revolved around me or at least it seemed that way. It did not matter what we did as long as we did it together. I remember all the times before bedtime he would come lay with me on the couch and rest his little head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat lulling him to sleep. Oh Father! Thank you for those times, and thank you for blessing me with him. But now our relationship is evolving and changing. I am still unsure how to relate to him, and yet in Your divine design of our lives, You designed it this way. In order for him to become an adult, he must exert his independence, and I must change with him. Not only must I change but I must embrace him becoming a man, even though part of me wants to hold onto those times I could fit his entire body between my hand and forearm.

More importantly Father, help me understand how to spiritually be there for him and continue to show Your glory and who You are to him. I pray for your guidance and protection, and Your revealing Yourself to my son. I pray You may help him learn from his mistakes, his detours, and his dead ends. And in the end what I pray the most for is my son’s soul, that You may show him how wonderfully worthy You are for him to follow all of his days.

No comments:

Post a Comment