Saturday, May 19, 2012

Waking Dream

4/12/10…I think I just had my first ever “Waking Dream.” My friend would know what this means. The dream was so vivid, it woke me. Usually this does not happen. In fact, I can only recall this happening back when I was so intimate with God that every once in a while I felt a stirring in me to wake up because He had something to say. This time, I am not sure. However, I believe only good can come out of this so maybe God was involved. So here I am writing at 4:05am, but only after going to my knees in utter humility and confessing what needed to be confessed and talking with Him.

Most people who know me know I never remember dreams. This time is different. My dream was about friends, whom I could not recognize, waiting on the hour of rapture. For some reason they knew the time and they were waiting along with me at some appointed destination atop a building, or on a hill, or as in most dreams I am not sure because landscapes seem to fade in and out. But as the hour closed in at this appointed location, I decide I am thirsty. I decide to take a risk at 12 minutes til rapture and quickly hop in my car to go to a convenience store. When I arrive, I find there is not much to choose from but I do find some sort of Milky Way twinkie (pretty vivid huh), and something to drink but the clock is ticking. Suddenly I think to myself, what am I doing? I am going to risk my eternity on getting a candy bar twinkie and a drink. What if something happens here and I cannot make it back? There could be a robber that comes in to rob and he takes us all hostage. Or there could be a car accident on the way back. Or a thousand other things. Was my soul really worth taking this risk?

As I reflect on this, I realize I just had a beautiful collision. My friend would also understand what this means. The thing is, I was not only asking myself was my soul really worth taking this risk, but I also realized…there was only emptiness in this risk.

At this point in the dream, the rapture has now occurred. I am in a house and I look outside and cars are strewn everywhere with no one in them. I now realize I am alone. Everything feels empty and hollow…and so lonely. As I mentioned before, landscapes evolve suddenly in dreams. I remember suddenly going from one landscape with Jesus or maybe Jesus in me, not sure which, and walking around a warehouse. There are people and there is nothing but hatred, and they come over and begin wailing on me. But I do not fight back. This happens over and over again. The despair of the lost attack me, but somehow through this they soon realize it is Jesus. Again the dream landscape at times seems like the person is me, then sometimes Jesus. It fades back and forth from this. Towards the end of the dream, those thugs realize it is Jesus and suddenly their thuggish attitude changes to humility and sorrow and yearning to follow Him. And yet Jesus keeps walking, and though He has compassion for them He offers no reconciliation for their souls. They watch as He walks away and they remain. Their souls are lost because they made their decision long ago.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment