Thursday, January 5, 2012

Opening a Car Door for a Woman

5/31/09…Interesting thought; do I think opening the car door for a woman ever gets old for a woman? I wonder how a woman would respond to this question? In the same way, does saying the same prayer asking God to bless the food I am about to eat ever get old? Hmmm, seems the trick is not doing it out of habit but out of love I suppose, maybe even sometimes doing it when I do not feel like doing it or trying to persevere when it does indeed become a habit.

I wonder, how do I keep worship fresh? I suppose if my love or care for a woman is not evolving, then I will stop opening the car door for her, or I will do it out of a feeling of duty or obligation, or indeed it may become just a habit with no meaning behind doing it for her. It would seem this would also apply when praying to God asking Him to bless my food? Do I do it because of my love for Him, or out of duty or obligation, or maybe indeed just a habit with no meaning behind the prayer.

I read Revelation 4:7-8 and John, after being transformed by the Spirit and seeing the One on His throne, said he saw four living creatures around the throne of God, and John said “And they do not rest day or night, saying: Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!”…Wow! Their love for God is so strong they never tire of repeating the same words, day and night, day and night, day and night, over and over again, and they never rest. Maybe the same could hold true for me. Indeed, I imagine if I was standing before God, I would be dumbfounded by His glowing glory, and I might just stand there for eternity saying, “I ,I ,I…” and never being able to finish the sentence because the beauty of who He is, is so encompassing and powerful before me that my mind is unable to create words to verbalize the moment…and so I can’t, I just sit there for eternity saying, “I, I, I…” eventually turning into “You are, You are, You are…” and never quite finishing the sentence because no word has ever been invented to describe being in the presence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment