Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ask

5/30/09…Galatians 5:16-17 “I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.” It seemed fitting that these were the first words I read after my morning rescue time. I am asking God to show me who He is in a creative way, in worship today, and I believe He will.

Father help me see You with my eyes, or touch You with my skin, or hear You with my ears, or smell You with my nostrils, or taste You with my tongue. In the moment, alert my senses. Oh Father, I desire.

I quiet my mind.

An image soon appears. Where it comes from I do not know. I imagine the two of us walking side by side in a grassy meadow with my hand in His, so peaceful, and so still, and in the next instant I imagine us walking through black and red clouds with my hand still in His. I felt He may have said, “Go to the mountain, remind yourself who I am.” Was it Him? I am not sure but surely there can be no negative to climbing a mountain and experiencing His creation…of this I am sure.

In Mississippi, there are no mountains, but the Carver’s Gap blue ridges remain fresh in my memory. One day soon I hope to return.

Father help me restore myself to You, and purge my life of those things which are not walking in the Spirit. I pray You will guide not only myself but my fellow believers in the Jackson Street ministry tonight, and show us the wonders of who You are in our service to You. Alert our senses in worship as we once again embark into the dark shadows of a Wednesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment