Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Whirlpool Galaxy

12/11/08…The universe, one verse, is you oh God. My desire is for You, I reach out my arms towards You, laughing, spinning, dancing in my soul. My feet hop onto Your oxygen and I hang 10 through the atmosphere. Looking back and laughing I see the planet Earth fading from view as I leave the last traces of the Milky Way in my wake towards You. Yes, with all my heart I sing praise, “I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back”…I grin from ear to ear as I pass by the Supergiant Star Monocerotis and its supergiant light echoes back to me with praise of You. I struggle to gain my balance by bending my knees and balancing myself with my arms. Your beauty is so wonderfully distracting…

I feel space flowing through my gray hair betraying my years. Over and over again I blink my eyes trying to return moisture as the artificially created wind dries them out. After 30 million light years I see my destination faintly before me…an image taken by a man-made telescope by astronomers whom You gifted. This marvel of a telescope, the Hubble, is one of the greatest inventions made by man. Oh but you God, show us the marvel and humbly bring us to our knees at Your majesty because we make telescopes, You make galaxies. In denial, NASA calls it the X structure in the Whirlpool Galaxy. It looks like anything but an X. I arrive and in wonder I hang in mid-air and look before me. In awe before Your spectacle, my voice is lost, tears form in my eyes, and my breath abandons me. I stand amazed. My eyes rise as I bask in the blue light of my Jesus. I am dwarfed, barely to be seen, in the glow of a cross so big and beautiful its height is only measured by a number not yet created by man. The only thing I am able to do is slowly raise my arms above my head and turn my palms up to the majesty of the cross before me. All because of Your love, in devotion I sing, “the cross befoooore meee, the world behiiiind meee, the cross befoooore meee, the world behiiiind meee, the cross befoooore meee, the world behiiiind meee, no turning back, no turning back”…

No comments:

Post a Comment