Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oh up High I feel so Alive

12/9/08…My gait is slow and labored but I keep walking, one foot in front of the other. My eye is full of darkness so I doubt my next step. The only thing I know to do though is take another step…and another step, and another step. What else am I to do but take another step. I continue on into the cold starlit night. My path is only illuminated by the occasional streetlight. As I walk, my thoughts turn to words of comfort, words from a friend back in Tennessee who understands me. And somehow the sensation of vibrations travels the length of a cord to my ear, and I hear triumphantly “I am free to run!” I slowly break out into a run, I lift my arms to heaven, and a smile as large as Guitar-Man crosses my face.

“Oh up High I feel so alive, so alive for the very first time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment