Thursday, September 23, 2010

Desire and Delight

9/21/08...Father, I know You planted the knowing of You in my mind…this desire to seek You, to worship You, to know You as my Father. Do you not delight in this, in knowing I am seeking You in this reckless pursuit of passion. Sometimes I feel my pursuit of You is like a wreck, a 16 car pileup on the highway of life. Do I need to renew my driver’s license in this pursuit? Do I need to learn how to parallel park before I get on the Autobahn? My pursuit of You is a wreck, in all its glorious u-turns, dead ends, merges, and reroutes…yet do you not delight in knowing this, knowing that this desire in me for You is so great, I am willing to throw caution to the wind and just go for it. Or, would You rather me wait for You, staying under the 25 mph school zone limit, lest You give me a ticket? Because I have to tell You Father, staying under the 25 mph school zone limit is very hard to do…I just want to stomp on the accelerator.

…and Father, now that I have spoken about desire, let’s talk a little about delight. What about my soggy cereal? You see me every morning, get up, half asleep in the early dawn hours, and fix my bowl of bran cereal. I let it sit in the milk while I take my shower, only to return sometime later and, while still half asleep, cheerfully proceed to place spoonfuls of the mush in my mouth. Who planted this delight in me, for soggy cereal? I know You planted the desire in me to know You but what about this delight? It’s a little troubling. Once my friends find this out about me, they may think of me a little differently. Do You take delight in knowing this is my delight? Why did You plant this in my chromosomes, my DNA? After all, I assume one of those chromosomes got a little out of whack to plant this delight in me, this penchant for soggy cereal. How can anyone live with someone who likes soggy cereal? It really is kind of disgusting.

…and so Father, this wraps up my time alone with You this morning, I hope it was time well spent, in both desire and delight in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment