Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Enraptured With Her Love

7/23/12…Certainly this passage in Proverbs spoke to me on a personal level:

18 Let your fountain be blessed
And rejoice with your wife of your youth.
19 As a loving deer and a graceful doe,
Let her breasts satisfy you at all times;
And always be enraptured with her love.

I find the blessing behind what the Psalmist wrote regarding meditating day and night on what is good. As I read the above words, I think about them not only in the moment, but at other times. The words in the Bible are all good. I do not recall anything within the Bible directing me in such a way which causes me intentional harm. Even in those cases where trials, tests, and tribulations are present, there is a greater good at work of which I may or may not know. The world directs me otherwise. The world directs me to chase. There is a lot of harm in chasing, especially in what the world is selling. 

As I read the above passage in Proverbs, I certainly felt not only continuing to find satisfaction with my wife, but letting her satisfy me at all times. Meaning this. There are times where she wants to connect physically with myself and within just this need, she finds an inner satisfaction I cannot understand. When those times occur, I need to let go and apart from feeling tired, or not feeling the same thing, indeed just let go. Let myself be enraptured with her love for me, even though I may not feel I deserve her love always. 

There was a moment this past week when I found myself at this crossroad. And suddenly this passage from Proverbs came to mind. And as this verse came to mind, I just let go…in her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment