Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Return to a “Normal Job”

6/30/12…Tom’s second message in the series Xmas in Conflict is entitled Spiritual vs Material, and reaffirmed something I needed to hear. In my book, Expect Nothing Expect Everything, I wrote about my difficulty returning to “normal” life after experiencing such a spiritual high on a short term mission trip.

In Tom’s message, he talked about the shepherds who experienced the birth of Jesus. They understood the significance. This was the Messiah. I wonder what conversations the Shepherds engaged in with Mary and Joseph as they gazed upon the newborn. And yet, what I really think about is what happened afterwards. They were, dare I say, on a spiritual high as they returned to their “normal” job. I wonder what they talked about on their walk back. More importantly, what did they talk about in the next thirty years, because Jesus did not even start his ministry until His thirties? Indeed, thirty years is a long time to wait.

Indeed, the Shepherds, just like me, must return to the Toil... 

No comments:

Post a Comment