Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Divine Appointment at Home Depot

9/25/10…This I write as a fond memory. Does God set divine appointments? Sometimes I wonder. I worked with Desmond at McNeely Plastics for about 6 months before he left for another job in town. I did not see him again for a year and a half. I remember Desmond because when I moved to Clinton, I did not know anyone. Desmond was a spiritual brother who really lifted me up in my musings and reflections of how I ended up in Mississippi. We had some meaningful conversations at times about our spiritual journey.

And then he was gone.

A year and a half later I have now accepted a job in Chilhowie Virginia and I am one week away from moving. And lo and behold, there outside a Home Depot I run into my brother Desmond. To this day a fond memory. Not sure why. There is no recollection of our words. And yet somehow, there is comfort in knowing we will see each other in heaven one day and catch up. That will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment