Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"I chose you out of the world"

11/10/10…

Christ speaks,

The Father who dwells in Me does the works (John 14:10).

Every branch that bears fruit my Father prunes, that it may bear more fruit (John 15:2).

Without Me you can do nothing (John 15:5).

I chose you out of the world (John 15:18).

These things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them (John 16:4).

In just a few chapters in John, I read these words and their power just overtook me. The thought that crossed my mind is I could spend a lifetime just on meditating on these precious few verses, and I think it very well could be a lifetime well spent. I believe this because I know how often I tend to forget how Christ in me and my Father are the ones behind anything good that comes from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment