Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Message to My Son

1/15/12…I came across a verse in Deuteronomy regarding marriage. Strangely, the verse seemed out of place and came out of nowhere. Oh how I wished someone had told me about it when I first remarried;

24:5 When a man has taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war or be charged with any business; he shall be free at home one year, and bring happiness to his wife whom he has taken.

My first year of marriage at times became a struggle regarding what God would have me do next, or more importantly how to start leading us both. I was at times not content, nor focused on the happiness of my wife. Instead I was always looking to the future. If I had come across this verse or had someone tell me about it, I think my whole outlook would have changed.

I would have rested in the fact that making my wife happy in the first year of marriage glorifies God.

No comments:

Post a Comment