Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Numbers

9/15/11…Oh Father, as I read Your Word in Numbers I pray for your Spirit to speak to me if it is Your will. What impresses upon me as I close my eyes and reflect on the first fifteen chapters is this. You become angered and hurt when Your people complain, doubt, or become disobedient. After two years in the Wilderness of Sinai and then Paran, forgetfulness creeps in, a wish for more creeps in, and soon they forget all the miracles You performed for them. Every day they see the cloud above the tabernacle and every night they see the fire above the tabernacle guiding them. Surely they know it is You. But alas even Your presence among them does not satisfy. I am sure You must wonder why. What else can You do if even Your presence is rejected by Your people in complaints, doubt, and disobedience. And I find my life is much the same. Oh Father! Let me fear You, let me respect You as a man’s soul desires respect, and let me not complain, doubt, or continually be disobedient to Your guidance.

Caleb and Joshua had faith in You. And You blessed them. Not because they were after a reward, but because they had faith in Your promises and rose to speak up in Your name even when the people threatened to stone them. Oh what another lesson to learn from these two followers of the Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment