Monday, March 3, 2014

Grace Abounds in Leviticus

9/8/11…Some interesting thoughts while finishing the Book of Leviticus. When I read these verses, this is what came to mind…

26: 1-13 
God’s promises of life if the Israelites follow in His statutes and commandments.

26: 14-39
God’s judgment and punishment against the Israelites if they do not. Only thirteen verses pertaining to the promises, twenty-five verses pertaining to our Father’s condemnation.

26: 40-45
God’s forgiveness if the drift occurs, if iniquity is confessed with a humble and contrite spirit. But also, accepting the guilt and possible consequences.

Already early in the Bible, our Father foreshadows the fall of man, indeed the fall of me. I feel Life flowing through me when I am meditating on God’s word day and night. I feel his Spirit within guiding me all of my days. I feel Christ as close to me as a friend. And then…and then I forget. I turn to those things not life giving. Why?! This question burns my soul. Why when I have experienced the Light, will I continually seem to want to turn from it, and instead quench my own selfish desires? And yet, when I confess, my Father welcomes me back, even though there are consequences. But He forgives! In Leviticus, He is already telling me He forgives, if I just swallow my pride, humble myself and confess.

Indeed, Grace abounds in Leviticus.

No comments:

Post a Comment