Saturday, March 5, 2011

Truth Ever Evading

2/2/09…Jeremiah 31: 31-34 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant…I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”…

I ponder Your words my Father. What I find interesting is You say you will put Your law in my mind. Is this to mean you will replace man’s attempt to define law, i.e. my attempt to define You? Instead will You guide me from within regarding the law You want me to follow? All this in order to have relationship with You. Also, please help me understand what You mean when You say You will write it on my heart, because I am not sure what this means. Then You say “no more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother.” This seems to say I will know You without an intercessory on Your behalf. Is that what this means? Please help me correctly understand what You are trying to say here because this passage reaches out to me, but my mind is not grasping its full meaning or depth yet. I am trying, but I am getting a mental block.

There is some deeper truth here…some beauty I am reaching out for and not yet able to comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment