Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Little Deeper…

1/31/09…I just do not understand and yet I do. In the New Testament, over and over again people were drawn to Jesus…why is this? In part, I believe it is because He did not judge. He welcomed all into the kingdom, no matter what their past was. Even the “dregs” of society as our world would label them came to Him. Yes, Father I understand Christ brought judgment into the world but the judgment He brought was of free will, and He, You spoke the truth in love. I hope what I am writing is truth. For those who were angered against Jesus, he represented a threat to their world of created religion. Am I speaking truth here Father? If I am, then why over 2,000 years later have we not changed? Those who carry Your name, so many of them, seem to speak the truth in judgment and not the truth in love. My heart breaks for the damage done to souls. When our faith becomes a faith of words and not action, when our faith becomes a faith of words and not love, and when our faith becomes a faith of words and not relationship, it seems it becomes hollow to the world and to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment