Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Paths

7/15/12…Father, thank you for this gift of connectedness. When I submit myself and open up my desire is when your Spirit within seems to bless me. I find myself joyfully relishing in those moments when I feel Your presence by the insights offered before me. I acknowledge this. I acknowledge my own intelligence is too feeble. But oh what joy when You open my eyes! Truly I feel joy in my being! These verses in Proverbs speak to me and connect…

5:21 For the ways of myself are before the eyes of my Father, and He ponders all my paths, so therefore, 3:5 trust in my Father with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding; in all my ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct my paths, because 2:10 when wisdom enters my heart, and knowledge is pleasant to my soul, discretion will preserve me; understanding will keep me, to deliver me from the way of evil, and oh for joy! 4:18 the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day!

As my mind thinks deeper on these verses, I replace the some of the words above with these dictionary definitions:

Way is a method, plan, or means for attaining a goal; a manner or mode; a characteristic or habitual manner.

Ponder is to consider something deeply and thoroughly.

Path is a narrow walk or way.

Acknowledge is to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of; to show or express appreciation or gratitude; to recognize the authority, validity, or claims of.

Just is guided by truth, reason, justice and fairness.

As my mind finishes meditating on these passages, all I can think of is the last verse in Proverbs. Why? Because the last verse is the one Esther, a deeply committed sister in Christ I met in China, pointed out to me as her favorite…five years ago. I still remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment